It’s 2019 and I am kicking off by giving myself the challenge of a Project Pan. I have never done a project pan before and am really excited to see how well I do throughout the year. I’ve been watching Kat and Hailey from BeautyNews on YouTube and following their own individual projects last year and felt inspired to join in this year. As it is my first project pan I’ve mainly chosen items I would actually like to finish and a few I just want to use up. My goal is to try and use up 25 items within the 12 months and to start I’ve chosen 12 (need to use up those items!). Below are my Project Pan rules.
- Choose Item: Mark starting Level (picture) & state begin date
- Monthly progress updates on each product, marking progress level (picture)
- Every 3 months review products: Change to more seasonal appropriate, throw out products I just don’t want to use anymore, or continue the product into the next 3 months.
- When product is finished replace with similar product. i.e. If I finish a foundation, add a new foundation.
- I’ve chosen a mixture of skincare and makeup and am feeling more positive about the skincare options.
- Elizavecca Milky Piggy Hell-Pore Perfect Wine Sparkling Peeling Pads: Wow! What a name. I’m actually not a huge fan of these but looking through my collection I realised I have 5 different peeling pads and need to just finish them. I have ones I prefer more, so lets get the ones I do not like out of the way! There are 25 sheets at the start of this.
- Jayjun Green Tea Eye Gel Patch: There are 60 of these (30 uses) I’ve put this in the project as I find I neglect my under eye area and this is something I want to focus on in 2019.
- Etude House Bubble Tea Sleeping Pack – Green Tea: This is again using a product I’ve got multiple of in my collection. It will be interesting to see how long this product lasts, as it’s not something I will be using daily.
- Whamisa Organic Flowers/ Apple Sebum Treatment: This particular serum is only a travel sized product, but even then it’s a serum I keep passing by. This is one I just want to finish, and hopefully this project will encourage that.
- Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Brightening & Soothing Treatment Water: What is with all the long names? This is a product I just want to use. I want to see if continued use brings results and thought I’d add it into this project to truly document and see.
- Nature Republic 50+ SPF PA++++ California Aloe Daily Sun Block: I need to remember to use sun cream daily!
- Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15: I have transferred this into a clear, see through bottle to help monitor my progress. This is a product I just want to use up as I mainly use cushion foundations (no idea how I’d monitor one of those, any ideas?).
- Tony Moly Back Gel Eyeliner in Brown: I haven’t actually used eyeliner in almost a year. Every time I wore it I felt like panda and wanted to remove my make up straight away. So I decided to try brown eyeliner this year and see if I can get back into loving eyeliner again.
- Colourpop Super Shock Shadow (Disney Designer Collection) So This is Love: I really couldn’t seem to choose an eyeshadow that I wanted to pan. I’m always changing my eye look, even on a daily basis. I knew I wanted to attempt panning an eye shadow, so I picked a product that can be used in multiple eye looks without me being to bored. If I’m successful, maybe next year I’ll attempt to pan a palette.
- Bbi@ Last Blush in Lavender Blossom: I love this lavender shade. This is a blush that I can see myself using over and over again. It is versatile and I can use it in conjunction with other blushers too. This is a powder blush so I think progress will be easy to monitor.
- Memebox – Pony Blossom Lipstick in Orange Dahlia: This glossy finish lipstick will be perfect for everyday wear when I want to add a pop of colour to the lips.
- Moonshot Honey Coverlet Stick Extreme (Yoo In-Na Limited Edition) in Petal Petal: You can’t go wrong with a nude lipstick. Again this is something I can wear everyday and is a colour I wouldn’t mind wearing no matter the season.
Those are my chosen Items and I’m excited to get started but I’m also a little apprehensive. My main worry is completing the makeup. I never normally stick to the same makeup products week on week out, so I think it will take some getting use to. I’m more interesting in the time frame with regards to the skincare, to see how long it actually takes me to use up a whole product.
Are you doing a Project Pan or anything similar? How well do you think I’ll do? Let me know in the comments, I would love to follow your journey and maybe swap hints, tips & motivations!
Love SJ x